CONVERGENT JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATION
Convergent Journalism is a form of journalism in which various forms of media (writing, video, photos, and more) are combined to create a larger journalistic project. The web is an ideal platform for convergence journalism. Convergence journalism refers to production of news in a more impacting way with “converged” media–two or more mediums used together to create a stronger story. The program also focuses on training students to use, produce news and be involved with emerging media platforms, such as tablet apps and social media.
Mass Communication is the study of how people exchange information through mass media to large segments of the population at the same time. In other words, mass communication refers to the imparting and exchanging of information on a large scale to a wide range of people. It is usually understood to relate newspaper, magazine, and book publishing, as well as radio, television and film, even via internet as these mediums are used for disseminating information, news and advertising. Mass communication focuses on a single source transmitting information to a large number of receivers.
- Contemporary and Need based Syllabus
- Hands on Experience with internship
- State of the art Technology and Equipment
- Renowned Media professionals as faculty
- Association with renowned Indian and International Media Organizations.
- Ample global placement and Startup opportunities
- Separate accommodation for Men and Women Students
- Medium of instruction is English and Tamil
- Focus on Moral, cultural, democratic Secular Ethical values
- Affordable fees
- Application forms with prospectus will be issued for Rs.200/-
- Completed forms to be submitted with a Registration fee of Rs. 300/-
- Online application submission facility is available with on line payment of Rs.500/- (or send a DD for Rs.500 in favour of General Secretary, QUEST)
- Application form in PDF format can be downloaded from our website and filled in applications can be sent by post for registration with a fee of Rs. 500/- by way of DD.
- The applications registered first will be processed and call letters will be sent for selection interview.
- SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying the admission fee
- Meritorious and deserving candidates may be considered for sponsorship, scholarship, and education loan